After days of preparing and having limited budget, we finally arrived at the day of our outreach... anyway, three days ago the article on a newspaper was about social oriented organization… right on time.. I was almost giving up and starting to feel too tired to push through all this… well, the articles in that newspaper reminded me that with this project, we might actually make a difference… where have I said that?? anyway that article and the fact that I have a pretty makulit co project head made me finish this and try my best to make it work out…. I can’t say that im looking forward to the next outreach… but, I am at least back on track:)
The event went well… thank God:) even if we had only 14 volunteers which included us, I think it was more what should I say… intimate… and in like it better that we had an assigned kid so that we could be able to actually make an impression… the other time that I attended an outreach… we were just there to facilitate and wasn’t really able to bond with the kids… and all the volunteers (ahem!!) were cooperative and were really staying with their kids and vice versa…
My kid was vergel he was so shy and quiet… I really need to get close to him to actually hear what he is saying… he usually mumbles his answers which made it harder to understand… but at least he was cooperative:) and he really tried his hand on painting even though he kept on saying na he is not used to painting… he was pretty creative naman... and he showed me some of his tricks in gymnastics by walking with his hands..
Oh yeah and how could I forget the spider... since we were using watercolor.. Obviously we would need water.. the CR there was not as dirty as I thought… it wasn’t smelly but there was no water in one sink and then there was a dead insect on the other… so I went to the one near the floor.. wherein there were two buckets with water… when I moved it so that I can place my bucket below the faucet and then a big big spider came out…: ( I almost shouted but I literally jumped a few meter away from it holding an empty bucket in case it comes rushing to me… hhe that’s not the story coz I went out and asked for help… and a certain person was no help (hhe..) so I went to the nearest guy who told me naman na he was not afraid of spiders:) so I led him to the cr and pointed out the place where I needed to get water and pointed out the lone spider which is very near it… hhe he was like “I think that’s a poisonous kind of spider” lol he was desperate enough to try the sink with the dead insect which was the size of a cockroach… I ended up getting water outside the building and came back finding my co project head courageously bringing water from the CR: )
it was a great afternoon even though i was so tired and sweaty after it: ) and hopefully others thought that it was worthwhile too: )
Saturday, August 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ako, ako yun! yung isa sa mga "cooperative" volunteers. hahaha. It was really a good project. Next time ulit!
Post a Comment